How To Change Your Address With USCIS As An International Student

Did you know that, by law, international students (and all aliens in the US) need to change their address with USCIS within 10 days of moving? If you get overwhelmed with official government paperwork – do not panic! The process is quick and easy and can be done online.

Go to the USCIS change of address online site here. Although there are no restrictions for international students, make sure you don’t have any pending applications (eg. OPT).

To change your address while you have a pending application, the online site is the same but you should select “yes” as it relates to pending applications and complete the applicable information.

For more information regarding restrictions or other methods to update your address, go here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s